Friday, March 9, 2012

Rejoices with the Truth

1 Corinthians 13:6-7 "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

This is something I've been convicted of recently... I don't always take joy in what is good and true. I don't always uplift someone and be happy for them when something good happens to them, or they did something that was godly... Being pessimistic by nature, I always allow the bad things cloud over and I'm unable to take pleasure in seeing what is good. This is something my girlfriend had pointed out to me. [Thank you sweetheart... I love you!]

Now I know that when good is done, I need to be happy about that. I used to really berate my friend for being a "goody two shoes." But really, I need to be glad that he did something worthwhile, something godly... I guess I just wanted him to screw up, and do something wrong, that way I'd feel better about myself. My self esteem has always been low, but the problem was that I kept comparing myself to him... And what made matters worse, he practically never did bad things... But now as I have tried to mature in this, I realize he did make mistakes, and I just make even more than he did... So my focus shouldn't be upon his not messing up, but rather on the fact that good has been done.

It is prideful to let your self esteem be the focus of what is or isn't being done. Whatever is good, be glad for it, and be ready to praise the good things being done. God is working such wonders, and seeing His people hard at work living righteously is a blessed thing! Praise God, and be grateful!

...Let me digress. Now being pessimistic isn't all bad... You have to be realistic at times... Sometimes the optimist either is or enjoys pretending to be oblivious to the fact that this world is a messed up place, and that human nature is evil to the core... Rather, be pessimistic and realistic about the state of the world and human nature, and be optimistic about God and His true followers.
Rejoice in the truth always!
Fear God!
I love y'all!